- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup buttermilk, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, coarsely chopped, or other fresh or frozen fruit
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir well until all ingredients are blended.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, margarine, egg, and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Using a large spoon, gently stir ingredients just until moist (do not over-mix). Add fruit and stir gently (do not over-mix).
- Spoon batter evenly into 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold. Muffins may be frozen for later use.
Recipe courtesy of Kansas State University Research and Extension.
©2021 Astellas Pharma US, Inc. All rights reserved.