- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, seeded and diced ½-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups homemade vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the butternut squash for 15 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Stir in heavy cream, maple syrup and salt to combine. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use a handheld blender to purée, or carefully purée in a blender until smooth.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of cream.
- Serving Size: 580g
- 4 Servings
- Calories: 330
|Amount per serving||%Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 16g|
|Added Sugars 8g||16%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg|
©2022 Astellas Pharma US, Inc. All rights reserved.